How to make a CD of your favorite sermons
If your computer has a CD-ROM drive capable of "burning" or writing to CDs, you can copy the sermons to your computer and make your own CD to keep. We only keep sermons on the website for a limited time, so if you hear something you will want to review later, you will want to save it to your computer and/or a CD. Here's how.
Most Windows computer have Windows Media Player installed with the operating system. We will use that to make your CD.
- Copy the file to your computer. Right-click on the link to the MP3 file. A menu will appear on your screen. Choose "Save File As..." or "Save Target As...". Choose a location on your computer where you will be able to find the file again, such as on the Desktop.
- Import the file to your media program. This will vary depending on the program you use to play music files on your computer.
Windows Media Player 9 - If you have the menu bar showing, click on File, then Add to Media Library. If your menu bar is not showing at the top of the window, you can click on the Media Library button on the left, then choose the Add button at the top of the window. From there, choose Add File or Playlist. Locate the file you downloaded and choose Open or Add or OK.
Windows Media Player 11 - First, find the file you downloaded in Windows Explorer. Next, open Media Player and click on Library. Drag the downloaded file with your mouse from Explorer to the Library window. A green circle with a white plus sign will appear. Let go of the mouse button and the file will be added to your library.
- Prepare to "burn" CD. Locate the file in your library. It will be in the Music section in the Speech genre.
Windows Media Player 9 - Click on "Copy to CD or Device". Put a blank CD in the drive and click on the Copy button in the upper right of the window.
Windows Media Player 11 - Click the small down-arrow under the Burn button to display burn options (the arrow will show up when your mouse is over the Burn button). Make sure that Audio CD is selected, then click in the window to leave the menu. Now click the Burn button. Drag the desired sermon to the burn list that appears on the right. Put a blank CD in the drive and click on Start Burn.
Most Macs will have iTunes installed. We will use that to make your CD.
- Copy the file to your computer. Control-click on the link to the MP3 file. A menu will appear on your screen. Choose Save File As... or Save Target As... . Choose a location on your computer where you will be able to find the file again.
- Import the file to your media program. Go to File. Select Add to Library. Find the downloaded file in the window that appears and select it, then click Open.
- Prepare to "burn" CD. Locate the file in your library. It will be in the Music section in the Speech genre. Drag it to the left-hand side menu, and release the mouse when no folders are highlighted but there is a highlight box around the whole menu. This will create a playlist with just that item in it. (You can also create a playlist with more than one song, but remember that CDs can only hold 74 to 80 minutes of audio content.) Select the playlist you have just created. Insert a blank CD into your drive. Click the Burn Disc button on the bottom right of the window. Make sure Audio CD is selected as the disk format. Click Burn.
Follow the directions of your media program as to finishing the disk. You will need to finalize the CD in order to listen to it on players other than your computer.
If you have difficulty, you can email questions to email@example.com, attention Linda, and I will try to help.